Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ronnie The Dog

It was a day, a very very cold day if my old memory isn't deserting me, when our neighbours dog, Ronnie, decided to run away. It is worth mentioning that our neighbours are Kalang, and hence need to have a dog in their house at all time as they are considered somewhat of a deity. So for our neighbours little red dog (being an Irish setter, hence the red hair.. Irish? nevermind) Ronnie, life was great most of the time, except when he had to perform miracles or face being thrown in the blue rubbish bin with orange ribbons.

Anywahs, I'm loosing track of the main event, namely, that fateful (and ver very cold) day Ronnie got fed up with being thrown in the blue rubbish bin with orange ribbons yet again...

It started out as any other day, the local Mosque woke us up at 5.37 for the morning prayer, apparently this prayer can be performed anytime between the breaking of the dawn and sunrise, but ours always started at 5.37 by some reason. But, again, this has very little or nothing, to do with our story. As usual Ronnie and the other dogs decided to join in in the prayer at around 5.38 (if you ever want a fool proof alarm clock.. try this combination!). Then, well, nothing much ever happens until people start driving of to work at around 7 (I have, many a time, tried to organise combined morning activities to no avail. I fondly rememeber my "who can collect the most honey in 10 minutes" activity... Unfortunately mr Arnesen [who ownes the bees] didn't appreciate the idea and Mrs Johansson haven't talked to me since..)

At 7.35 the school bus came to pick me and my fellow classmates up to go in to town, or at least it was supposed to get there at 7.35, it usually ended up getting there at about 7.46 (on average, the year we meassured), which was pretty ordinary when it was cold, as it was that this fateful day.

Anyways, when the bus finaly came to pick us up (at around 7.46+- 4.56 min), I could se my neighbour approaching Ronnie with that today-I-would-really-apreciate-a-miracle-and-if-you-want-your-light-and-chrispy-dog-biscuits-you-will-give-me-one look in his eye. I didn't think much about it at the time, but Ronnie this morning had a, what I can best describe as you-can-stuff-your-biscuits-somewhere-where-the-cat-won't-go-I've-had-enough kinda look. But, as I said, I wasn't thinking much about it at the time and the school bus took me away for another, ooh so exciting, day at school...

Nothing much I can say about the school day, except that I found out that aunt Lisa (our headmistress) had won on some lottery and was going of to the capital to meet som famous soap opera star.

Anyways, it was when I got home that the terrible news was revealed to me! Ronnie was missing! He had, to everyone's surprise, not performed a miracle, but instead of allowing himself to be thrown in the blue rubbish bin with the orange ribbons, he had barked (quite forecefuly att Mr Marzoq, eh, our neighbour I mean) and then jumped the white wooden fence with the funny mosquitos painted on it. And nobody had seen him since..

[To be continued]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that about me? I'm so offended.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like what happened to Binka our cat... We all remember that one don't we.

Hey, Jill told me to come & look at the contraversial comment made by Nath... but it was removed. Oh well. Thanks Mattias.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah & that 1st comment by "Me" was not written by me. Sounds suspiciously like a Mr N. Campbell comment.

Mattias said...

I'd say that Ronnie may have performed one of his, rare, miracles... Does that mean he's still alive? Will the story get a happy ending? Oh, the suspense...

Anonymous said...

Damn it!!! my computer broke again :(

Anonymous said...

You missed out Mel. It was a good comment. And Jill got very angry and started accusing me of not talking to either you or steve, and casting blame... she said you'd had to put up with me for years...

Anonymous said...

Hey... I only said what was true!

Casting blame solves nothing!

Wasn't angry... just thought you should learn to mind your own business sometimes. Just felt like I had to point that out for you.

(:

Not angry.

Anonymous said...

I didn't assign blame to anyone - just made a comment on a comment on a blog commenting on an issue relevant to a situation.

How is it that things simultaneously happening in the lives of 2 of my friends is not somehow my business?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mattias, did you grow up in the Muslim part of Sweden? (Been wondering for hours now where I might be able to find a good Muslim shop. Kinda like those sheetlike clothes they're wearing. Must be to protect themselves from the sun, right? And we all know that that's an absolute necessity in Sweden. Yes.)

Mattias said...

Hm, who knows where I grew up? (of course little Malin may have a clue) but well, she wasn't around for the first 7 years of my life..