Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Had a good post..

Hm, yesterday at work I had heaps and heaps of ideas for a brilliant blog post, but now? When I'm at my trusted little lappy.... where have all the ideas gone? I'm figuring they would be here somewhere, like hidden in my huge maze of a brain (looking forward to when you can implant some index thing in it)............................... !

Remembered one idea, well, it's not an idea as such just a thing I was brooding about at work (I'm brooding about things a lot at work, it's amazing how easy it is to brood.. requires absolutely no effort what so ever. I tried to think while I was working [hence, not brooding] but that was to hard, stuffed up all the time and got confused and lost among the tapes.. weird I think), why do you write blogs? I could have written a post about this before, can't remember.. lost in the maze again. Anyways, it may not even be exactly "why" do you write blogs I'm trying to write, but more how cool it is that you can write things that probably not anyone will read, but that anyone actually could read. (sorry about the long sentence, take a few deep breaths and feel the oxygen get back into your lungs). Like, I could write anything here, bare my soul (which, if you happen to stumble across, you could tell he's somewhat missed and I hope he's back before July), write about all my problems, whinge (didn't like that word my spell check) about all sorts of things, and it would be there, for anyone to read.. Think about the harm I could inflict on others (most likely on myself and my wandering soul [hope I still have my spirit])!

They say that the pen is mightier than the sword, wonder if you can apply it directly to our lives and say that the keyboard is mightier than the tank? Or do you have to apply it through the industrial revolution or something?

Did you know that Biblical Theology is seeing the Bible as a whole? Like, you don't read stuff in the old testament and think that that is directly applicable to you today. The reason for that is that were living after the death of Jesus. And the old testament is unfolding God's plan (which is getting Jesus to die for our sins), so for us today to look at the Old testament and think we can apply things directly to us is a bit silly. Lets for example take the story of David and Goliath, now if you read it, who do you identify with? Unless your pretty big and looking forward to get killed by a small bloke, you'll probably identify with David. And were always told that David was the tiny dude that beat the big dude.. Now this is not exactly true, David wasn't your ordinary little wet nosed boy. For starters he was out killing bears and lions when they were stupid enough to attack his sheep, ok, not such a big feat if you have a rifle you think, but he had no such thing, he used his hands (and maybe a dagger or something).. Add to that that he was God's anointed king (basically that means Christ) and was pretty good with the sling.. So, the idea with the story about David and Goliath is not that we should be small Davids running around, we should identify with the Israelites that didn't dare to attack Goliath, and be thankful for the fact that someone else did (Jesus in our case).

Long post this, so now it's end post time.. See you around dear reader (whoever you are and what you may think)

2 comments:

Nathan said...

you could have used your blog to tell us that you managed to find professional employment with a major government company... but nooooo........

Mattias said...

I could, and actually did. But it would not allow me to post it :(