Sunday, March 04, 2007

Going to work, as a real man

So, two (for me) pretty hectic (of sorts) week, with me starting a new job (first full time job too)! Not that I have much exciting stuff to tell you, well, it is kinda exciting if you happen to be excited by overheads (like wires, multiwires, section insulators and the like), which, I guess, there will be a few. Not that most of my time is spent actually looking at those things, I only do that when I go out on the train (recording cart), which is pretty fun of sorts. So that's where I'll start, and probably will end as well, as there is only so much you can write about looking a printouts, finding faults, entering those faults in a database, finding a matching mast and printing a report (oh, I actually said something about it, not bad me don't think..). Anyways, with the recording cart, I went on my first trip last week (Monday), pretty early we started, had to leave home around 2.30am.. Went to the train, walked around looking lost (ok, I went to the place where the train i stored and sat there being eaten by mossies for a while first). Then I checked up on the system, what I should do (which includes calling a guy and asking if there will be any insulations happening and where, which is pretty good to know as you'd end up toasting some guy if you happen to come driving where they have an insulation [probably end up running over them as well]). Then we took of and I have a while to get used to pressing buttons and figuring out what the various things were (not made easier for being dark). Not so much more to say actually, I wuzzed out to start with, but after a while (when it wasn't dark anymore) I got into it and started pressing buttons. Now, pressing buttons sounds pretty easy, but by some reason it isn't, well, after a while it gets easier, unless when you come to a station, where there was lots of things and lots of buttons to press....

Could tell you lots more, like how it was to stay at motels and stuff, but don't think you'd be overly interested, so I'll spare you this time..

Until next time (which hopefully will be a somewhat interesting post)!

No comments: