Saturday, June 03, 2006

Lift Me Up!

Hello to you bloggreader!

When you are feeling low and the world conspires against you to bring you to your knees and push your head into the gutter while laughing in your face with spit flying everywhere while your loosing your breath while reading along meaningless sentence with no commas or stops, what music do then put on?

I'm now talking about music that lifts you up and convinces you that, no matter what, you are still Gods gift to everyone on this planet!

I have two songs that I like to listen to then (both of them being by Swedish bands, but in English):
Click on the link to go view the lyrics (the Insania website is pretty crap...).

So, now when you know my "lifte me up" songs, which are yours?

Found a website with songs that "make your heart sing" although not exactly what were looking at here (as were more looking at ego building songs) still close enough and has it's place in the world...

Another site I just must share is Launchcast, pretty awesome site I think. It makes you create your own radio station.. Not working perfectly, but still quite ok. Only downside is that it is American, so most music is from the US or the big artists. But still is pretty awesome though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great song to lift you up - Michael Franti & spearhead "Everyone deserves music". just bought the album to cheer me up!

what about songs to be angry to. I have heaps of those - Linkin Park

Songs to be depressed to - radiohead & muse (great bands!)

Nathan said...

Wake me up before you go go - Wham

Mattias said...

hm, not many responses here.. so knew I should not have done two post in one day...

Not entierly sure if "Wake me up before you go go" can be classified as a ego building song? Isn't it about someone wanting to be woken up before the partner leaves them?

Never heard Michale Franti & Spearhead, so have to take your word for it Mell

Anonymous said...

I got the CD this week - you could "borrow" it... Its cruisey music - laid back

DonMalin said...

How about Dream Theater - Octavarium. Think you would like it :)