Monday, May 22, 2006

Can't figure out a good enough title


So, Sweden won the World Cup in ice hockey last night! Strangely I don't feel to excited, even though they won 4-0 against the Chechs and we were the first country ever to win the world cup and the olympics the same year. I'm thinking this may have something to do with the fact that I haven't been able to watch a single game (either of the world cup or the olympics) and as such haven't had any reason for biting my nails and swearing at the referee (not that I do a lot of swearing, just a figure of speach). And for meet I seem to need to do that, getting emotianally involved requries a bit of effort for me (mostly) and some external stimuli (....)

The second article (on my favourite swedish newspaper) that caught my eye (after the hockye one) today was (freely translated): "The home, the most dangerous place for women" apparently, ladies, the place where you should be the most afraid is at home. And be especially vary of the guys you know, if you have or have had a relationship with them you should be extra vary. This is a rather serious issue (have to be serious sometime) and I cannot understand why guys would assult or try to rape their girlfriends, exgirlfriends, or friends' girlfriends, stupid.

A bit later when I were at uni (doing my "understanding leadership" unit) I learned something that may (and may not) offer one explanation as to why this is the case: When you are at home you feel safe, you feel that you can do anything, nobody sees you. so you drop your inhibitors and become the real you. And I think this is a true thing, think about yourself, when your at home do you do things that you wouldnt do if you were at someone elses place (like mine)?

Not saying that that is any excuse whatsovever for doing stupid things (like bashing someone up) only that it may be one explanation why people that seem really nice can be totally different. They are acting! Scary though, how do you know a person for real? What if I meet this amazing young lady that seems so perfect and we end up getting married and when we get home and she get's settled in the house and start to feel secure she turns out to have this obsession with hitting me in the head with cutting boards...

This post isn't working at all; can't work under preassure....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm Mattias, weren't you the one looking for a wife to "box" with? That seems at odds with what you just wrote. Maybe she'll use the cutting board in the ring you have in the basement. Perhaps you should specify the rules to your potential wife, then you won't be shocked by the use of a cutting board.

Mattias said...

There is a great difference there; I would never try to damage someone. And not force something upon someone against their will. There's big difference between those two. Hence I may headbut someone on their shoulder, but I would never headbut someone in their face where it will cause damage. Henece, I wouldn't hit someone in anger, not malicitly (not sure if that is a word)

Mattias said...

I repeated myself quit a lot on the previous post...

Anonymous said...

ahh, so its ok as long as there is no evidence of the injury. That is you can't see a bruise on a shoulder (ali), but you can certainly see a black eye. If it hurts, it hurts. Malicious is a word. :)

Nathan said...

malicity could well be the adverbial form of malice.

So Matt, has anyone you've lived with been notably different inside and outside of the home?

Mattias said...

Hm, well, no Mel, if you can't se a bruise but the person is very upset about a thing it is wrong.

Not sure, think they are still rather much the same. Thinking of locking my door as Steve owns a Machete and after some conversations with him.... well, locking the door may be wise :0

A little more action, hm, need to find one that is perfect first you see, then there will be action!

Anonymous said...

Depends on what you've done to steve? what have you done to make him want to use a machete against you? hmmm think about that.... Maybe you do need to lock your door, but will your lock be enought to stop him? Hope you sleep well at night with that thought in mind.....

Mattias said...

Not done anything to steve to make him want to hit me with a machete that I know of which is why my door isn't locked atm. But if I believe I ever does something.. boy my door is locked and I'm buying a bigger machete then he has...

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahahah. That's the most amusing blog post I've seen in a long time.
Ice hockey is the greatest sport EVER. If I could play any sport, ice hockey would be it, 'cause you get to hit people with sticks, and it's allowed. In fact, the only reason I don't play ice hockey is because I can't skate.
The trick to picking the right girl is this: choose one that acts like an absolute lunatic in public. Ok, she's probably going to drive you nuts, but on the bright side, at least you'll know she's being the real her and she's not going to hit you over the head with the glass cutting boards after you're married...
Unless of course she hits people over the heads with cutting boards in public, in which case, you knew what you were in for anyway.

Kutz said...

You're not much of a grammar nazi if you didn't pick up Nathan's incorrect use of the adverbial form of malice, which is really maliciously.

Nathan said...

I'm sure malicity is every bit as valid as the word observative. It makes sense.

Anonymous said...

I'm only a nazi about people who make ignorant grammar mistakes, not people who make up wrong grammar that sounds cool for the fun of it.
The word "malicity" definitely falls into the latter category.