Monday, May 29, 2006

Lawn Mowers!

How much can I fit into a grass catcher?
Answer : The volume of most domestic grass catchers is 43 litres. Grass catchers used on Master Series models for professionals can hold 55 or 60 litres.

Now you may be wondering where I'm going with this.. Nowhere I'm afraid, had I been my dear friend Smelly, I would be telling you about some interesting thing that had happened in my life that were loosely related to lawn mowers and may or may not have some reference to how much grass you can put in a grass cathers... But I'm me and I won't do such a thing!

Instead I'll tell you about how you can spend a friday night and even show you some pictures and give you some [more or less accurate] quotes.

Steve (my housemate owning the machete) like to come up with new things, and the latest new thing he's come up with is that you invite a bunch of people over for dinner (although it generally resorts to being desert as everyone already have eaten when we get around to inviting them) and when they get here we head of to the shops. At the shops our dear invitees are given the task of buying stuff (food items that have been changed to desert items) where the names make up the entire alphabet.

Last friday we had some people who had already done this new thingy, so there had to be a new element for them.. Hence he gives me the task of writing up a bunch of things in Swedish. So I do, nothing fancy I'm just thinking about a fruitsalad and adding some basic baking stuff to the list. So when people get's here it's off to the shops (except that I'm staying back and waiting for some late come.. but those latecomers happen to see the car convoy going to the shops and decides to follow them.. leaving me waiting).

As we have a few newcomers (not done the alphabet thing before) as well as oldies (done the alphabet thing before) there are two groups, one Swedish one and one Alphabet one. Must say that the Swedish one were much more efficient than the Alphabet one (maybe due to their experience).

Then when everyting is bought it's time to head home and make something! Whatever you want! (which is a little bit of a worry for some people as they tend to prefer being told what to do [Dont worry if this happen to you, just appeal to their creativity and you'll be set, if it doesnt work, just tell them to make pancakes])

There is a lot of fun you can have making pancakes, you can make jaffa pancakes, chocolate jaffa pancakes, chocolate jaffa pancakes with plastic number on them, chocolate plastic pancakes with plastic numbers and some butterflies on them.. the list is endless!

But.. eating all this dessert stuff (we also got fruit, ice cream, chocolate, drinks, corn chips and some other stuff) is not to healty for you, and well it can be noticed in the conversations... Just take the conversation below for instance:
Jo: "What about breasts? You can make implats of drugs"
Trav: "I like breasts"
Jo: "That is good"
All these dessert can also make people do funny things like spitting when they are talking..

Anyways, hope you have been hooked on the "go to the shop and buy random food (changed to dessert) things" idea!


The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

6 comments:

DonMalin said...

Oh brother, who's not a mother ... yet. Sometimes I wish there was another brother, but you're like no other.

Like this poem. Just felt like writing one. So, anything else happening in Gudrun Schyman-fast-tvärtom-land?

Mattias said...

Heh, a very nice poem.. of sorts anyways.

Hm, not a lot happening here, and it is not a Gudrun-Schyman-fast-tvärtom-land.. Anything happening in Gudrun-Schyman-land?

Anonymous said...

What does "Gudrun Schyman-fast-tvartom-land" mean?
...I bet it means, "The Land of Grout and Fast Vacuum Cleaners" in Swedish.
I'm not sure I understand the "shop by alphabet" game, but it sounds like fun. Something like the Surprise Chef?

Mattias said...

Gudrun Schyman is a Swedish politician, she's the most feminist thing you can imagine, and some more besides. "fast tvärtom land" means "but opposite land" basically. My little sister here things that Australia is the opposite of feminist.

The alpabeth thingy is rather easy, you just go in the shop and buy stuff and you need to buy stuff where somewhere in the name the entire alphabet is covered. e.g "banana" will give you the letter a,b and n. "apple rice porridge with guava" will give you the letters a,p,l,e,r,i,c,o,d,g,w,t,h,u and v

Get it?

Nathan said...

I actually once researched the history of lawn mowing. It seems life would have been a whole lot easier if people had just decided long grass was more aesthetically desirable.

Mattias said...

Cold!!!!

It's is so amazingly cold at the moment, and yes I know I come from a cold country but there we got insulation and heaters so it is hot inside...

And I do agree with you smilesky, we should start a campaing to get it generally accepted that long grass is aesthetically desirable