Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dissapointment

So, two posts in two days, and some great review from my dear friend Smelly, you should check out his blog if you havent (it's under the important people section). Good to have friends one must admit, only problem is that I now have some preassure on this blog being somewhat witty and interesting... Such preassure...

But today, no preassure, only sorrow and sadness.. Arsenal lost to Barcelona in the Champions League final... 2 - 1 and with 10 men for most of the game (stupid norwegian referee's), heroes they where, and Sol.. coming back and finally scoring a goal that isn't disallowed in an important game! That's when I though, hey, this may work.. Even got reinforced a little later when Eto'o hit the post (saved by Manuel). But I'm jumping ahead of myself...

4.40am.. Alarm clock rings, I probably wake up and turn it of (must have) and continue dreaming about something I thought I remembered but don't, think it was something about some doctors or stuff like that. Probably dodgey as my dreams tend to be.. so no more about that.

4.50 Poor Pete is getting tired of waiting outside our locked door (no perseverance in that young man) and start nocking on the door and ringing the door bell. So as not to get into to much trouble from my other 5 housemates I manage to get out of my dream and bed and let him in. I mean, it is the Champions League final!

4.53 Start watching the game (missed the first 7 minutes due to my dreaming..) but the game is underway!

5.03 (or there abouts) Someone (probably Ronaldhino) hits a through ball through our defence and Eto'o runs for it only to get tripped by Jens. A goal happens anyways but the ref have decided to blow for a free kick and send Jens off. Brilliant!

5.20 (something) Sol the man Campbell goes up and heads the ball in the back of the net from a free kick! After brilliant acting by Eboue.. Where up 1 - 0 with 10 men!

5.30ish Get the car and head over to Matt's place to watch the second half (let my poor housemates sleep)

Then there is the second half where we play rather nice for 30 minutes and have a few chances before ^%#^%^ Henrik Larson comes on and starts passing the ball around for Barca, set's up Eto'o in the 77th minute (although Eto'o was offside) and then he set's up Beletti in the 81st... Game over.

Conclusion: Sport is cruel, Norwegian Referees are not my favourite people in the world and Sport is generally about 90% missery, 5% Joy and 5% indifference. So why do we care??!!! But we do, oh we do...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh.. you fixed it so non-bloggers can comment...

Does your kitten answer to Peter, or should I quit while I'm ahead?

Mattias said...

yepp, missed that it was default that you had to be a blogger to comment.

Hm, you'r getting there, never quite while you'r ahead, always quite when you've fall flat on your face and can taste the sweet taste of grass

Anonymous said...

Conclusion:
Henrik Larsson is a gr8 player and he will play for the greatest team ever (!) HELSINGBORG.. and guess what Kalle ;) I'll be there watching the game live every time HIF is playing in Helsingborg.

You're a great friend by the way, hope I'll see you when you come back home.

Bye
/Nick, Helsingborg-Sweden

Mattias said...

Hehe, jo han har det for sig den gode henrik, att han ska spela for HIF! Men han hade kunnat vanta med att spela bra tills han kom dit. Men men, lar bli en liten omstallning for honom, vinna spanska ligan och champions league.. men a andra sidan sa har han gjort allt man kan utomlands, men har aldrig vunnit allsvenskan, bara det han har kvar nu vilket e bra for HIF!

Maste komma och halsa pa dig nar jag kommer hem, och e det nu i sommar sa vore det ju inte fel att se en HIF match

Anonymous said...

Barca rules....