Monday, July 24, 2006

mio ventisettesimo compleanno!

So, another year in my life.. Has it been good? Well, for the most part it actually has, nothing really bad has happened (always good) lots of good things has happened. I have had many many issues with many different things as always. I have finished another Master degree (hopefully my last!).. I have been in the sun, I have played Football, I have spent time with friends, I have made new friends, I have been in "love", I have stuffed up, I have done things I had never done before, I have been angry, I have been sad, I have spent my forth consecutive birthday in Australia (which, is somewhat weird as I have only been here for 31 months and 12 days [give or take a day], and last I checked that would be about 2.6 years), I have lost a loved one, I have missed a few weddings, I have made a fool of myself, I have been impressive, I have been mean, I have been nice, I have sinned, I have been forgiven, I have prayed, I have argued, I have listened, I have talked, I have written a blog, I have been responsible, I have ben irresponsible, I have been working, I have been looking for work, I have done what I should, I have not done what I should, I have written a really really long paragraph with lots and lots of commas that nobody will read as it is way to long! I have ended this very long paragraph.

Yesterday Steve organised a birthday gathering for me, that noboday said they could come to as they all had other things to do.. So, me going there thinking it would be a crowd of about 5 of us.. But it turned out Steve had told everyone to say they couldnt come, even if they could.. So.. when I got there there where, like a crowd of people there! Made me feel very special indeed!



So, All I want to say isto all of you for showing up, and a special thanks to Steve for organising it!


To wrap this little post up... here's a "Trivia for the Toilet" just for you:
In Somalia, Africa, it's been declared illegal to carry old chewing gum stuck on the tip of your nose

Hope your having a sorprendente day and all that all of you will battersi per una causa legittima!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gratulera med dagen! Överraska Materia , JAG kanna tala Svensk! Brunn , inte verkligen. Datamaskinerna de är händig ibland. Den här sannolikt icke göra alltför mycket sinne på grund av translatorerna. Icke desto , du er rätt , den här er en skön språk. Hoppas du har en god natt siste natt och Jag hoppa det du har en stor dag idag alltför!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mattias!!

So sorry i couldn't make it last night - i was so disappointed as Sara walked out the door and left me behind. All on my own. At home. With nothing to do.

(Okay, so not _entirely_ true... My sister was there, but only because i was too sick to go out!!)

Mattias said...

Heh, pretty interesting Swedish your talking Sara :) Good try though! And that is what counts. If you want I can do a translation and tell you what you just said, although you would know what you said, but maybe not how.

And a comment from Donna! Not bad! Thanks Donna, next year we'll make sure your not sick, and if you are, we'll have it at your place so you can come, hm, maybe not "come" as you'd already be there, but, you get the point

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Mattias, how was my translating? I'm a bit rusty these days...

Mattias said...

What's happening to my Blog? No Lindon or Pfeffer comments in ages, have I lost my origianl audience somewhere along the track? Was it, perhaps, the Rhinocerote?

What is it? I, in my great care for people, want to know what I have done to scare my trusted commenters away.

Mattias said...

Congratulations with the day! Surprise the matter, I speak Swedish can! Well (as in the ones you drink from), not indeed, the computer machines are handy sometimes. This one probably not do to much sense (as in smell, listen, feel, taste) thanks to the translators (although, never seen the word translatorerna before). Not (non translatable, but missing a few things), you yours right, this one yours one pleasant language. Hop you have a good night the last night and I jump it you have a big day today not to!

Mattias said...

Thats what you were saying Sara (as far as I could translate it)

This is how I think it should look (if Jonas reads this he can correct me if I'm wrong, btw, I should maybe introduce Jonas, what do you think?)

Grattis på födelsedagen! Surprise (?),Jag kan prata (or skriva, if you mean write) Svenska! Nah, inte direkt. Datorerna är händiga ibland. Det här kommer angatligen inte att vara särskilgt förståeligt, tacker vare översättningsprogrammet. Men ändå, du har rätt, det här är ett vacker språk. Hoppas du hade en bra kväll igår, jag hoppas du har en bra dag idag också!

I guess that is what you would like to say

Anonymous said...

Pfeffers still here... just my Swedish not that great so ive got no idea what you lot are on about!!

Sometimes I just read your blog... scratch my head and move on to other attractions on the net. So your not losing your audience... they just don't always have the words to respond to your quirky blogs!! (:

Anonymous said...

PS

Very interesting facts!!! Hmmm some really cool people must have given you that book!!!

He he he

Hope your using it... although not too much cause that would mean you have some serious problems!!

Anonymous said...

Μάιος ο Θεός της ελπίδας σας γεμίζει με όλες τη χαρά και την ειρήνη όπως εμπιστεύεστε σε τον, έτσι ώστε μπορείτε να ξεχειλίσετε με την ελπίδα από τη δύναμη του ιερού πνεύματος. Ρωμαίοι 15:13

Mattias said...

May he indeed!

Anonymous said...

yes.... may he indeed!!!

Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

This is what I meant to say:

Happy Birthday!
Surprise Mattias, I can speak Swedish! Well, not really, computers are handy sometimes. This probably isn't making too much sense thanks to the dodgy translator. Nevertheless, you are right, this a beautiful language.
Hope you had a good night last night and a great day today as well!