Monday, August 07, 2006

Downs and Ups

So, it's been a weekend of dissapointment and some trepiditation... Was supposed to get my english test results (big thing for my PR) on Friday, but didn't. So had to wait for it over the entire weekend.. fun fun.

Anyways, friday night starts with us celebrating Burnzys bucks party, starting with a BBQ here and then move on to play some pool... Where me and Knobby play against Steve and Justin.. And get pantsed! So there is disappointment 1 for the weekend: I'm being a wuzz and refuse to take my pants of and run around the table, instead I go home as I "need to sleep, because I have to work in the morning".

So, Saturday, we play Football against the bottom team, we win 6-1, but I don't think I have a specifcally great game... to be mild. Get a few comments from one of my team mates, disappointment 2 of the weekend: I sulk.

Saturday night, we meet outside of Amy and Debbie's (withouth them knowing we'll be there or being home), although Amy and Greg show up while were still trying to decide what to do.. Anyways, after a lot of time (oh, btw, we spent 2h or something in msn converstion before we got to a decision where to meet..) we managed come to the conclusion that we'll go to Bribie Island, via Nathan and Naomi's place (to pick up Greg) and Cabolture BP. No disappointments so far.

Then, we end up at the beach on Bribie, were all having fun, playing around with a ball and tackling each other. Then, Steve and Greg decide to prank me and Greg hides behind me and Steve pushes me back... Me falling on my back, and trying to get revenge on Steve, and try to wrestle him down.. Not the smartest move ever, so disappointment 3: Me getting really really angry and trying to wrestle Steve down (no more success, only difference I look like a complete jerk). So, instead of saying sorry to Steve for loosing it, I sulk, again! Always easier to be angry with someone else than bite the sour apple (?) and admit your the one that's an idiot... Got around to it in the end, and man it's emarrasing.. Must say sorry to everyone that was there.

Good night apart from that though!

Sunday night, making pancakes (Swedish style) after church (not using the best of frying pans) and people are trying to offer me suggestions, what to do, what equipment to use etc. And.. disappointment 4: I snap and get annoyed and tell people not to... Oh, the patience....!!!! (pancakes seamed to work out nicely in the end, in spit of my short patience)


Monday, waiting for the mail.. Will it be another disappointment? I'm somewhat worried about the writing component of my English test, pretty confident about the listening and reading parts though, and fairly confident about the speaking test.. Mail arrives and me, taken by a sense of dread, opens it and...

Fulfillment (synonym to disappointment apparently)! I get 8.5 on listening, 7 on reading, 9 on Writing and 9 on Speaking (8.5 in avg).. So, the thing I was most confident about went the worst, the thing I was most nervous about went the best... Weird, but WHO CARES!!!??? I ONLY NEEDED SIXES!!!

Anyways, with that worry out of the way, maybe I can start behaving again.

Hope your having lots of ups and not so many downs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mattias!
Despite how happy you said you'd be that I'll be away for two weeks, I'm glad for you that things are working out with your citizenship application.

(ps you insulted a regular poster on your blog, no more posts for you!)

Nathan said...

Hey Matti.

I'll be back next weekend so you can fill me in on all the frustrations of being too weak to wrestle Steve, crap at soccer, pool and pancakes... but good at English... sounds pretty much like my life actually.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mattias - we all get cranky at times - don't let it stress you out. I get cranky the most when I am by myself. Especially when driving. Oh! Slow drivers make me soooo angry, and also people who can't stay in their lane. If you can't steer - get off the road. See - I get angry too!

Great win to the soccer boys! I had fun yelling stuff at you guys. Don't know if it was encouraging... but it certainly was loud.

Mattias said...

Ah, Sara, you take things out of context, only happy that your gone for 14 days (happy for you) but the last two days... You'll be sorely missed! So, enjoy yourself over at Seaworld, eah New Zealand and we'll we waiting for you when you get home!

(would hate to miss my most trusted of posters, due to a misunderstanding)

Good thing you'll be back for a while Smiley! And I'll tell you all about stuff and you can tell me all about stuff and we can both climb a ladder together!

And, Mel, thanks for those encouraging words, and when your in the car.. Christian music is the best, you just feel rotten singing along to some song to God one minute and shouting profanities to your fellow men and women the next..